SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Ambode Swears In Justice Oke As New Chief Justice Of Lagos State  (Read 680 times)

Offline Miss Ifeoluwa

• Forum Administrator

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Friday swore-in Honourable Justice Olufunmilayo Opeyemi Oke as the Chief Judge of Lagos State, at the EXCO Chamber Lagos House in Ikeja.

“I congratulate Justice Olufunmilayo Opeyemi Oke on her confirmation and swearing in as the 16th substantive Chief Judge of Lagos State. I have absolute confidence in your intellectual capacity to steer the ship of the state judiciary on a smooth sail. One area of our judicial system which I consider as work in progress is the speed of justice delivery in the State. “

We have made significant progress in this regard with the various reforms that have been initiated and implemented, however, I believe strongly that we can do more by stepping up our efforts. I do understand that our judges are currently facing enormous work load due to the fact that the Lagos judiciary is the busiest in the country and this will naturally affect the turnover of cases in our courts.”

It is for this reason that I once again recommit our administration’s determination to seek a significant increase in the number of judges that we have on the Lagos bench,” Ambode said after the swearing-in exercise in Lagos.

Justice Oke was sworn-in as Acting Chief Judge in September 2017 to replace Olufunmilayo Atilade, who retired on September 24 at the statutory retirement age of 65.

360nobs

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal