SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Must read: am used to advances from the opposite sex — Eleyele  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Yakub Oloyede

• Global Administrator

Gospel artiste,Bukola Oke became a household name when she released her hit track “Eleyele’. So successful was the track that the title ‘Eleyele’ became her stage name. But after that hit, Bukola seemed to go into a lull but returned later with ‘Emimimo’ which put her back on track.
In this chat with Potpourri, the chubby beauty talks about her life, career and much more.

Where have you been lately?
I have been going in and out of the country. At a time I was outside the country permanently but I am back to Nigeria now. No place is as sweet as my motherland.
Are you a gospel artiste or a secular musician?
 am used to advances from the opposite sex — Eleyele

Eleyele
I am a professional musician, I do different kinds of music. I would like to be referred to as an inspirational singer because I compose from the realities of life. I sing to touch souls and also pass a message.
Do you think you can still achieve the hit “Eleyele” made after a long break?
Everything in life depends on God and

the individual’s ability and struggle. For me Busola, I am doing all I can to attain my dream place in this chosen career and to make my fans proud of me but with God all things are possible. I am working very hard to become even better than what is expected of me.
What would you refer to as the challenges of the entertainment industry?
I will mention four if you don’t mind; piracy, bad marketers, promoters and the increase of substandard music in the country.

Do you think there is still market for your kind of music inside and outside Nigeria?
Thank God for the Eleyele hit but my kind of music is the original African beat and style. It’s not of the Western world. It is real and anything that is real makes a way anywhere and everywhere.

What inspires your compositions?
My compositions come from my natural inspiration and from everyday life.

It is generally believed that marriage takes female artistes to the back seat, how true is this?
Marriage has not affected me in anyway. My husband is my biggest fan and also my biggest promoter.

Do you still get advances from men at this age? 
Like Jack Robinson. I get that every now and then. I must say I am used to advances from the opposite sex.

Doesn’t your husband get jealous?
(smiles) Oh my God! Can you show me just one man that doesn’t get jealous? Only if the person is Jesus or Prophet Muhammed!

Can you tell us about your marriage life?
Love in the real sense of it means a special gift from God. And I thank God I found love. My man is an introvert and I don’t want to bring him into my career.

How did you meet him?
Our meeting was divine and I don’t want to talk much about him. The most important thing is that I love him and he loves me too.

What is the weirdest thing a female fan had told you?
I can’t believe I am finally sharing this. One day, a female fan called me and said, `Busola Oke, what is it about you that my husband is going crazy for? He even told me that I must learn all your songs and also wear your hairstyles. Busola Oke who are you? What planet are you from? What is special about you?’  I was so shocked and short of words.

So what happened next?
(laughs) It is better not to tell the public the rest of the story.

Describe yourself in three words?
I am a goal getter.

What are your plans for the rest of the year?
The year has been very busy for me. I have a lot of projects on my table like releasing the album of my first artiste, Segun Royal, my video (Emimimo), launching of my foundation, clothing line and finally, introducing my new music concept.

Are you also a cloth designer?
Asides music, Busola Oke Eleyele is a professional caterer, a cloth designer and an event planner.

Do you have any regret in life?
I have no regrets but the only painful thing is that my father didn’t eat much from the fruit of his labour before he died. But I thank God he was also convinced about my chosen career before he died. He wanted me to be a lawyer, but I read mass communications instead. I didn’t even practice journalism too which really, and this caused a lot of rift between us. He came to realize this was my destiny.

Have you ever been betrayed and how did you feel about the experience?
Betrayal is inevitable so it’s not a big issue anymore but only intelligent people handle betrayal wisely. However, a professional musician should always be ready for the best or the worst.

What would you like to change about yourself?
That’s a huge question but I will be very factual. If I have my way, I would love to still be a lawyer. I owe that to my father but I am not getting any younger.

What is your philosophy of life?
Love is thicker than blood. That was my father’s philosophy of life too. I believe and I have confirmed it’s very true.

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal