SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Ambode to meet tanker drivers, others Monday  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Crown Mix

• Forum Administrator
Ambode to meet tanker drivers, others Monday
on: June 07, 2015, 06:37:26 AM

Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who visited the scene of the incident on Saturday, said he had called a meeting with members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers arm of the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers in Lagos, in a bid to put an end to the trend.

Ambode said the meeting would take a decision on how to ensure the compliance of drivers with road traffic regulations.

Describing the incident as a tragedy, he lamented the spate of tanker crashes, while assuring the victims of immediate relief.

He said, “Today, we have witnessed another unfortunate incident involving a tanker such that we have had to come out here for the second time within one week. It is unfortunate for both the government and residents of this neighbourhood. We sympathise with you because we know that there is nothing that we can do to replace all that you have lost. Moreover, we thank God that no life was lost in the process.

“I assure you that, with the utmost sense of urgency, we will do everything we can to help you. The agencies will ensure that those that have lost their homes and clothes as a result of this tragic incident are catered for. I appeal to those who are devastated by this occurrence that we will see to the quick reconstruction of affected buildings once a report has been done. It is our duty.

“I have directed that the union of the tanker drivers and other agencies will meet (with me) on Monday morning and we must make pronouncements relating to the usage of our roads. We will embark on an immediate relief effort to see how we can address this issue so that things are back to normal as soon as possible.”

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal