SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Buhari to visit Cameroon after Ramadan  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Miss Ifeoluwa

• Forum Administrator
Buhari to visit Cameroon after Ramadan
on: June 24, 2015, 10:32:54 AM

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday accepted an invitation from President Paul Biya to visit Cameroon.

According to a statement by Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, talks during the visit will centre on cooperation between Nigeria and its neighbours in the war against Boko Haram and terrorism.

Adesina said Buhari accepted the invitation while receiving the Cameroonian Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation, Mr. Sadi Emmanuel, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He further quoted the President as saying that he would visit Cameroon for the high-level talks soon after the end of the Ramadan fast.

He said Buhari told his guest that he was putting his experience as a former soldier to good use in the war against the Boko Haram insurgents.

The President reportedly told the Cameroonian minister, “I am happy that the President has sent you. As you must have observed, I was in Niger and Chad over this issue. I planned to be in Cameroon afterwards, but I received an invitation to attend the Group of Seven (G7) meeting in Germany.

“I had to attend the meeting because Boko Haram has been internationalised and it was part of the discussions there.”

The special envoy assured President Buhari of Biya’s “fraternity, sympathy and brotherly commitment” to working with Nigeria to end the Boko Haram insurgency.

“Together, we will reinforce our efforts, eradicate the scourge of terrorism and look forward to better things,’’ he told the President.

Meanwhile, Buhari on Tuesday pledged that Nigeria would continue to support all efforts aimed at the peaceful resolution of the Middle East conflict.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President made the promise while granting audience to the outgoing Palestinian Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr. Montaser Abuzaid, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Shehu said Buhari reaffirmed Nigeria’s support for the Palestinian cause during the parley.

Noting that Nigeria recognised the State of Palestine 31 years ago, Buhari assured Abuzaid that his administration would maintain and strengthen bilateral ties with Palestine.

The President wished the outgoing ambassador well in his future assignments.

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal