SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Harassment of National Assembly may lead to Buhahi’s impeachment  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Yakub Oloyede

• Global Administrator

AN Abia State based Constitutional Lawyer and Human Rights Activist, Dr. Anthony Agbazuere has warned the ruling All Progressive Congress [APC] to allow the election of Senate President Dr. Olusola Senator and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara to stand and allow Nigeria to move forward.

Agbazuere, further warned that threatening, harassment and intimidation of the National Assembly leaders may threaten President Mohammadu Buhahi and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s positions.

“Any attempt by the APC to plot the impeachment of Saraki and Dogara will not only fail but will destroy the party.
“An attempt to threaten them may lead to the impeachment of either President Buhari or both Buhari and Osinbajo. The implications are obvious”, Agbazuere warned.
According to him, “when persuasion fails, it must not be carried too far”, so as not to cause more harm to the polity.
“APC must also stop threatening [Ike] Ekweremadu and must realize that his position is a bitter pill which the party must swallow to survive.

“APC must not forget that the same structure which brought Ekweremadu to office also brought Saraki on board and this group/alliance is greater in number”, he said.
He also reminded the ruling APC that “the party has no powers in any law to choose for members of the National Assembly those to lead them”.

Agbazuere who is immediate past information commissioner in Abia State, also faulted the figure being published in the media as the number months workers in the state are being owed salary.
Accordinf to him, the core civil servants are not owed more than three months while workers in parastatals are owed about 5 months, insisting that no worker in the state is owed nine months salary arrears.

“It is therefore wrong, mischievous and an act of blackmail against the state and the past administration for any one to make a generalization to say that Abia workers are owed 9 or 10 months’ salary arrears.
“It is my view and I so hold that the picture of the salary issue of Abia State workers should not be maliciously presented in the media.
I am confident that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has the zeal and sagacity to address the problems and I urge Abians to give him maximum support, cooperation and understanding as the state addresses the consequences of the drop in revenue”, the former commissioner said.

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal