SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Jenifer Obi: My only competition is myself  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Yakub Oloyede

• Global Administrator
Jenifer Obi: My only competition is myself
on: July 05, 2015, 05:18:55 AM

Jennifer Obi popularly known as Jenny O, is as multi-talented as they come. The singer and HIPTV reporter, writer, voice-over artiste, and presenter began her sojourn into the broadcasting industry in 2007 on the widely acclaimed magazine programme, Bisi Olatilo Show. Her charming and endearing personality led to her being referred to as the ‘Golden Voice’ by veteran broadcaster, Bisi Olatilo. She hosts the widely viewed fashion show, Video fashion broadcast on AIT, TVC, LTV in Lagos State and some notable stations across the nation. She has also had a stint in radio broadcasting with Radio Continental and City 105.1fm, where she has displayed professionalism with unbelievable dexterity.

Jenny O has also performed as a protégé of veteran Afrobeat and highlife musician, Dede Mabiaku and his band ‘The Underground African Sounds.’
She recently featured the musical Taliban, Oritse Femi,  on her recent single, ‘Shomara’ and she had this to say about it,
 ‘I just felt he’d fit perfectly into the song after listening to the production.  It was a fun and thrilling experience working with him. Oritse Femi is a brilliant artiste and it didn’t take him long to deliver his verse.”

On her motivation for doing music, she said, ‘I was inspired by the need to communicate with a larger audience so I could express my thoughts in a more sublime manner.  Some people say my style of music is RnB pop, Afro pop  or funk. However, I don’t like to limit myself you know, so I won’t say I have a particular style, I like to play around with different sounds.
Shedding light on the songs in her repertoire, she stated, ‘I have officially released four singles. The first one is ‘Yepirapira’ produced by Shogon, the second is ‘Move anyhow’ produced by Kaka, the son of the late lady of songs, Christy Essien Igbokwe, ‘’Take it away” produced by Geamat and ‘Follow you go’ which was produced by Ex –O who produced Knighthouse’s ‘Wonberi.’

The talented beauty lists Tinashe, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Adele, Jhene Aiko and Frank Ocean as her influences in the music industry, while also noting that she doesn’t consider anybody as competition. In her words, ‘The truth is that I intend being myself, so my competition is myself and with no one. Everyone is super talented in their own right, but the best I can be is me. I’m going to be as witty, creative and as fun as I can be with what I churn out.’

On artistes she would love to work with, she said, ‘I would love to work with 2face, Patoranking, Olamide , Phyno, Oritsefemi and Yemi Alade. They are all astoundingly talented and have got the energy for the game. Internationally, I would love to work with Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Adele and Frank Ocean.

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal