SpyLoaded Forum

News

Author Topic: Buhari mourns as Channels reporter, Chukwuma Onuekwusi is buried in Imo  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Miss Ifeoluwa

• Forum Administrator

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday sent his condolences to the family of the late Channels television State House Correspondent, Chukwuma Onuekwusi as he is buried in his hometown, Akabo, in Ikeduru Local Government Area of Imo State.

In a condolence message signed by the Permanent Secretary, State House, Jalal Arabi, Buhari urged Onuekwusi’s family to take solace in the fact that the deceased was a respected journalist and a pride to the profession and the nation.

Onuekwusi, aged 55, died on May 23 at a private hospital in Abuja.

The message read, “I write on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari and the entire staff of the State House to console you and members of Onuekwusi family on the transition of your father, Mr. Chukwuma Onuekwusi.

It is on record that for the 10 years that Chukwuma served as a correspondent of Channels Television reporting Nigerian Presidents, he exhibited uncommon dedication, professionalism and patriotism to work, and was not found wanting in any respect.

His passage has therefore left a huge vacuum which will be difficult to fill as covering the State House requires maturity, integrity and hard work.

“While the Presidency joins you in mourning him, I enjoin you to take solace in the fact that Chukwuma was a respected journalist and pride to his family, employers, the journalism profession and the nation.

“I pray that Almighty God will console his family, friends and professional colleagues and grant Chukwuma’s soul peaceful rest.

TAG:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
"5 eggs" Multiply By "4 eggs" Is what ?:

Close
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal